Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ancient Rome

On Sunday, our last day in Rome, we toured Ancient Rome with Randall. After taking four years of Latin and Classical Studies in high school, it was great seeing everything that I’ve learned about ad nauseum (See, I still know some Latin phrases). We went into the Colosseum, walked up the Palantine Hill, saw what was left of the Circus Maximus, and strolled through the Roman Forum. It was one day filled with Latin Moments that could’ve gotten me extra credit from Ms. Kniffin for my entire high school career. I have tried to tie in my blogs to the course or the “How Europe differs from the United States” theme. However, this was a day where I did not want to find something that I wanted to discuss in a blog. I just wanted to take in something that I have been interested in for a long time, and I accomplished it. This was another thing that if I did not see in Italy, I would have been disappointed.

No comments: